Delivering Real-Time Technology Solutions to Increase Productivity, Reduce Operating Costs and Improve Safety
The increasing availability of new technologies provides opportunities to bring innovative, cost effective solutions to traditional tyre management practises, helping to increase productivity and improve safety. Otraco’s technology-based solutions utilise the latest augmented reality, advanced analytics, visualisation and machine learning within an Internet of Everything (IoT) environment.
Otracom – Tyre Management System
Developed by Otraco and installed in over 100 operational sites worldwide, Otracom is an internationally recognised Tyre Management System (TMS). Providing a comprehensive, real-time solution for managing tyres, rims and chains fitted to heavy vehicles, Otracom integrates with customer data lakes, fleet management and ERP systems. Delivered as part of Otraco’s complete Tyre Management Solution, Otracom can also be purchased via subscription for non-Otraco maintained sites.
- Tracking and management of tyres and rims from manufacture through to disposal
- Identification of performance trends and opportunities to reduce tyre related costs
- Lifecycle inventory control (including repairs, transfers, scrapped tyres, etc.)
- Tyre cost analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Real-time data recorded from sensors built into tyres providing key information to improve tyre life
- Real-time alerts and notifications
- Business intelligence reporting
Enabling customers to operate a central asset management system, Otracom collects data from multiple operational sites delivering consistent, reliable analysis and reporting that captures valuable history as well as forecasting future requirements.
User-friendly and available in multiple languages, Otracom is supported across Australia, South Africa and Chile.
Combining the detailed data interfaces of Otracom with the convenience of a mobile app, Otracom Mobile enables tyre technicians to capture data in the field and upload to Otracom. Saving time, reducing paperwork and improving reporting accuracy, Otracom operates on Apple iOS and Android platforms.
The latest mobile app has a number of key functions including: recording of fleet inspection data, entering of tyre and rim changes during maintenance sessions, receipt or dispatch of components, stocktake and scrap tyre inspections.
As a standalone device, tyre technicians can record data anywhere, anytime and upload to centralised systems via network connections when available.
Otracom Forecasting Module
Extensively enhanced in late 2020, the forecasting module now offers the following key features:
- A new module for Purchase Order management giving addition insight into the status of deliveries against agreed schedules.
- Three types of forecasts to meet a variety of forecasting requirements:
- 4 - 12 week 'Live' forecasts to assist site-based personnel in developing their short-term scheduling needs. Live forecasts are automatically updated hourly to ensure forecast changes always remain current.
- 3 - 24 month 'Month-to-Month' forecasts to let project managers assess changes to annual budgets as site requirements change. Month-to-month forecasts can be manually rolled forwards or copied to reduce the time needed to generate updated forecast information.
- 1 - 5 year 'Budget' forecasts to assist procurement teams in developing long term procurement strategies. Budget forecasts include an approval process that ensures a single source of truth.
- Advanced analytics allowing users to generate future order requirements, taking existing inventory, schedule deliveries and forecast demand into consideration. This allows sites to optimise their inventory holdings;
- Changing of future fitment specifications and new component fitment strategies, providing users with increased flexibility and accuracy;
- A suite of eight new on-screen dashboards using Otracom's integrated business intelligence and analytics platform giving users insight into the following:
- Future tyre fitment demand
- Forecast stock levels based on existing POs and expected fitment demand
- Status of expected deliveries vs supply schedule
- Short term planning requirements
- Budget tyre costs vs actual fitment costs
- Easy management of vehicles that are temporarily out of service following rebuilds or major maintenance events.
- Copy & paste your predicted vehicle usage hours directly from a spreadsheet or table into Otracom to save time in forecast preparation.